All Pet Portraits are Copyright by Pet Portrait Artist Diane L. Blasius
I have had many years of experience creating custom dog portraits of all dog breeds. My work as a pet artist is displayed in homes across the United States. The watercolor pet portraits are rendered with overlapping layers of finely detailed professional colored pencil used to capture the texture of each dog’s coat and markings.
As in my illustrations, my adoration of animals can be seen in the detail of my commissioned pet portraits. Custom pet portraits, done from your photos or mine, are available in different sizes and configurations.
This custom pet portrait is of Emmie, English Springer Spaniel, an all-around special dog who was not only a show dog, Champion, but an agility dog, and beloved pet.
Cash and Nevada
Custom pet portrait of Cash and Nevada, German Pinschers. In the private collection of Sharon Asher.
Three dogs, Bosco, Riley and Maicoh
This is a custom pet portrait for Lisa St Aubin of her three dogs, Bosco, Riley and Maicoh. In the private collection of Lisa St Aubin.
This is a custom pet portrait done of a beloved Chocolate Lab named Hirsch.
This custom pet portrait was done of a beloved cat named Abby.
Buck wheat Groucho Portrait
- Chocolate Labrador Retriever Portrait
- This portrait is of Summer, a Chocolate Labrador Retriever. Private collection of Dr. and Mrs. Ed Monroe.
- Flat Coated Retriever Portrait
This custom dog portrait is of Tapas, a Flat Coated Retriever. It was done as a secret gift for a friend for Christmas of 2009, and is now in the home of Donna Bennett. Doing a portrait of a dog that I know can be difficult, as it can be harder to capture that essence I’m familiar with. The eyes are where the personality is and I believe I’ve captured Tapas’ happy-go-lucky yet sensitive nature.
- German Shepherd Portrait
- Portrait of a German Shepherd Dog.
- Airedale Terrier Portrait
- Portrait of Rudy, and Airedale Terrier, in the private collection of Paula Jacobi.
- Field Spaniel Portrait
- Portrait of Simon, a black and tan Field Spaniel, in the private collection of David Blitz and Sally Stebbins.
- Field Spaniel Portrait
- Luka, a Field Spaniel; portrait in the private collection of Karen Balinski and Jay Gardiner.
- English Springer Spaniels
- This artwork was done for the Best of Breed prize for the Eastern English Springer Spaniel Specialty. It’s done with a watercolor underpainting and colored pencil for all the detail.
- Pointer Portrait
- This portrait is of Jeannie, a Pointer, and in the private collection of Sue and Chuck Savage.
- Golden Retriever Portrait
- Golden Retriever Puppy playing in the snow. Watercolor and colored pencil.
- Labrador Retrievers Portrait
- Portrait of Labrador Retrievers Yellow and Chocolate.
- Liver Field Spaniel Portrait
- Field Spaniel Pheobe
- Akita Portrait
- Portrait of an Akita named Duncan.
- English Pointer Portrait
- English black and white Pointer.
- Welsh Springer Spaniel Portrait
- This portrait of a Welsh Springer Spaniel is done with a watercolor underpainting and colored pencil for the detail. It is in the private collection of Carla and Keith Vooris.